Friday 17 February 2012

Creativity at its finest.






Gooooood morrrrning to any of you lovely people who have actually found yourself reading my blog. Every time I say good morning, I think of the ridiculously happy guy from F.R.I.E.N.D.S - you know the one I mean, right? Yeah... the guy in the video. He's hilarious, but I guarantee if I lived next door to him, I'd be exactly the same! Except on the occasional good day where all I'd want to do is open the window and break into song and dance - that'd be brilliant, and so funny to watch.


So currently it's 9am, I've been up for an hour and successfully made my bed and had a cup of tea which is fairly impressive considering.. well.. it's me. I don't like to think I'm a lazy person, but sometimes you just have those days, y'know? Where there's nothing you'd want more than to just stay in the same place all day, snuggled up, and when you can just do what you want at your own leisure - when YOU feel like it. That's usually when I then get the most motivation. For example, this morning I woke up, saw it was just before 8am and figured if I went back to sleep I'd end up wasting my day - so I supposed I better make the effort and stay awake. Then I just started thinking of crazy things to do with my day. I look around my room and it's just full of STUFF. It's not even junk, most of it is college work that I need and can't get rid of, but there's simply no room for it. I thought maybe I could spend my day doing some DIY, putting up some shelves, doing some painting, getting some storage boxes and making my room generally feel more cosy rather than like an office... But who am I kidding? I'm not the best at DIY, and as much as I'd want to deny it, I have to be honest - I'm not really that creative either. As you can probably tell by now, the blog title is more sarcastic than anything. I have all these ambitions, but I find it so difficult to put them into practise or expand on my ideas. I guess that's one reason why I found art so difficult at GCSE, I believe I was good at it - or at least that's what people told me, but I felt I lacked the inspiration. Where do you find it? Or is it just something you...have, without realising. That's something I'd really like to know.

Now I just have to find something else to do with my day, I want it to be productive. Maybe I'll make a go of my room - sort it out and buy some boxes at least. As a perfectionist and apparent 'neat freak' there's nothing more satisfying than everything being ordered and tidy. It's a part of me I've just come to live with - it's not something I necessarily enjoy, because being a perfectionist can be annoying when you feel the need to re-do things even after the slightest mistake. But you are who you are, and nothing will change that so you might as well embrace it.

As it's only early morning and my previous post was only a matter of hours ago, I'll wait until tonight to post something else and hopefully I'll have exciting things to tell you. Either that, or you'll end up with another post of me rambling on.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, smile your way through it :) xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment